Everyday Musings....

iRandom now playing...

Monday, December 6, 2010

To Catch Up.....

Ah...my first blog....finally accomplished and I didn't even wait till New Years!  Well I want to catch you up all on our life so that any following blogs do not leave you confused and wondering who? where? what? So here's the vocab list....

Turbo - our amazing, sixteen pound, gorgeous, eccentric cat who enjoys water, sleeping on my face, sitting on our barstools and attacking people when they are unaware.

Sawyer Brown - our "winter dog".  The weiner dog now living with us that we have watched for the last two winters for Andrew's parents.  Can we say hyperfocused?  His life is the ball....I'm not sure if he knows we exist...

The Lot - where Andrew (my husband) works.  Conveniently located on the downtown square, the church created it as a neutral non-Christiany territory for kids to come hang out.  Andrew works there on weekends and the goal is to build relationships that will lead the kids to Jesus. :)

Remedial Services - What I do.  I work with kids (and their parents) that are on Title 19 and have a mental health diagnosis.  I teach them anger management, anxiety control, coping skills, dealing with depression, impulse control and more.  I work with them in their homes typically and then teach the parents how to appropriately interact with the children as well.  So not exactly counseling, but very close, definitely behavioral management.

On a side note.....our Christmas tree is up and BEAUTIFUL!!  And I am trying really really hard to play Christmas music as much as I can (not a big fan usually)..now to buy presents....I have Turbo's but I still need to find Andrew something!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey chica! Saw your post about your blog on FB! Love your first post...good to hear what you guys are up to. I had a friend help me get going on blogging about a year and a half ago. Ours is christianfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Glad to have a new blog to read.

    ReplyDelete